To change minds and influence decisions, our task is to ensure that your case is presented in the most effective way, to the right people, at the right time.
Of prime importance is establishing at the start your objectives for a public affairs campaign. This may be to seek a specific action, change policy or generally raise your profile in the corridors of power.
Having taken the brief, we will as appropriate:
- Devise a strategy to achieve the objective.
- Undertake an audit of previous activity, interested parties and the political and policy background.
- Prepare the case in detail so that it is credible, backed by research and clearly outlines the pathway to the objective.
- Give reasons for the decision makers to agree with you through compiling carefully honed messages tailored according to the audience.
- Identify those who actually make decisions, those who have influence over them and those who have a shared interest and who would be willing to support your case, including local communities and the general public where appropriate.
Devise an action plan tightly focused on achieving the objective including:
- Preparing verbal or written information in a style that is attractive to the recipient
- Organising meetings with politicians and officials to develop relationships and increase your influence
- Planning presentations, visits, seminars and other opportunities to directly communicate your case
- Advising on government and parliamentary procedures to ensure that your message is communicated at the right time and in the right way
- Ensuring that the local and regional aspects of your case are fully taken into account
- Preparing briefings and drafting amendments for Bills going through Parliament
- Work with you to seek controlled media publicity where appropriate
As well as operating at the UK level we will advise on working with devolved bodies, lobbying local authorities and reaching major opinion formers in a region.
We will regularly review progress and results to ensure that your resources are being effectively allocated.