The Public Affairs Company provides an opportunity for voluntary, unpaid experience for graduates and under-graduates interested in public affairs. You will have the chance to be involved in projects such as parliamentary monitoring, research, planning lobbying campaigns, arranging meetings with politicians and officials, and writing briefings and other material.
This experience has proved invaluable for others who have gone on to join political consultancy firms or gain employment in related areas.
You should have:
- A significant interest in and knowledge of political affairs
- At least a basic understanding of the workings of Parliament and Government
- The ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate written material
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working in a government department, a political party, for local government or with an MP or in a similar position would be a distinct advantage.
You would be based at our office in Headingley, Leeds.
If you are interested, please post, fax or e-mail a CV and covering letter/message saying what you hope to get out of a placement to:-
The Public Affairs Company
21 Otley Road
Leeds LS6 3AA
Tel: 0113 278 0211
Fax: 0113 278 0214