Your reputation is as important to you as ours is to us.
The Public Affairs Company is a member of the Association of Professional Political Consultants and abides by its code of conduct.
We also operate under our own extensive code of conduct as outlined below.
How We Operate
The Public Affairs Company operates primarily as consultants and not lobbyists. We will advise and assist clients to lobby effectively for their cause. To this end:
- All direct, lobbying material is sent under the client’s banner and name, and nothing is issued without having been approved by the client.
- All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that all information is accurate and that no false or misleading information is knowingly disseminated.
- All information is acquired openly, with its purpose and destination disclosed when required.
- We never promise results to clients that we are in no position to guarantee or make claims to have any direct influence over Government or politicians.
- We will always warn clients where the need arises against behaving in any way that is unethical or dishonest in their dealings with all levels of government and elected or non-elected members of legislatures, and against offering any financial or other incentive that could be construed in any way as a bribe or solicitation of favour.
Protecting Your Confidence
- Members of staff will keep confidential all information acquired from clients that is considered commercially or politically sensitive.
- No material acquired or prepared by staff members during the course of their work with clients will be used by them outside work for party political purposes.
- We never assume nor hide the identity of the client when communicating with external audiences, always making it known that we are acting on their behalf.
- We will ensure that there is no conflict of interest in our work for clients. Where this may even be a possibility, we will always check with the client.
Our Relationship with Politicians and Public Bodies
- We have never made any payments or offered inducements of any kind to any MEP, MP, Peer, member of a devolved body, Assembly or councillor or anyone working in government at any level for any reason, and that will continue to be our policy.
- We do not retain any current member of either House of Parliament, devolved body or Assembly as a consultant in a paid or unpaid capacity, nor have we in the past.
- We do not use the services of anyone ostensibly employed, paid or unpaid, in the Houses of Parliament, any devolved body or Assembly as a researcher or secretary to a Member and who has a security pass to that effect. Where a pass is held as a former Member of an institution this will not be used when acting in a professional capacity.
- Any members of staff who hold elected or non-elected positions on any local authority or public body will not be involved with any work on behalf of clients aimed at seeking to influence that body.
- We do not offer financial or material support to any political party.